Toddler scalded by hot water Sunday
January 8, 2018--6:04 a.m.
BARTOW COUNTY EMS
A toddler was hospitalized after being scalded by hot water Sunday.
EMS, Cartersville Fire, and Cartersville Police responded to Parkway North Apartments and were told a 1-year-old girl was accidentally burned from boiling water splashing onto her.
The child had first- and second-degree burns to the neck and chest.
EMS quickly began treatment to the burns and transported the patient to the burn unit at WellStar Cobb Hospital.